– The sleepy smiles when she’s asleep and content. Especially when combined with the suckling motions that make me think she’s dreaming of dancing bottles.
– Deep, exasperated sighs, because being seven weeks old is so hard can you even imagine.
– When she’s being held by someone else and crying, crying, CRYING but then as soon as I take her and her head hits my chest she stops.
– That clean baby smell. Even the milky not-so-clean baby smell that sort of smells like macaroni and cheese, but in a good way.
– How every day she’s a new and different person. Sometimes I wake up after taking a nap without her, and when I go to reclaim her from her daddy or auntie or whoever had her, I feel like she’s grown a full inch.
– Her little lips / cupid’s bow. Who knew baby lips were so stinking cute?!
– How perfectly content she is just laying on my chest. How perfectly content I am when she’s laying on my chest.
Happy (slightly belated) 7 Weeks, Ceres Jane ❤